1. Lesson (based on Luke 17:20-37; 21:5-37)
- Show some pictures of common road signs and get children to guess what each one means.
- These signs show us what to expect when we are driving on the road. They serve as warnings and reminders of what lies ahead so that we can be aware and prepared.
- Before He died, Jesus also spoke about signs — these signs tell us that after He goes back to be with the Father, He is coming again.
- He told a Parable of the Trees (Luke 21:29-31) — During the winter time, the trees all drop their leaves. But when you see new leaves begin to grow, then you know that summer is near. In the same way, when you see these signs, you know that Jesus is coming back again soon.