Lesson: Jesus is our Peace
1. Intro: Hurricane facts (bring pix, vids etc)
- Who knows what a hurricane is?
- A hurricane is a huge storm. It starts from the sea, with strong winds.
- It can reach a speed of 600 miles an hour. (give example of how fast that is)
- When the hurricane reaches land, it causes big damage to buildings, plants, animals, people ... due to flooding, heavy rains and strong winds.
- The winds blow in anti-clockwise direction and the centre of the wind is called the "eye" of the hurricane.
- In the "eye" of the hurricane, it is very calm.
- In Malaysia, we are very blessed to be safe from hurricanes.
- But in life, we all face different types of storms or hurricanes.
- Someone may be sick, or have trouble with homework, or lost something precious. These can all feel like storms that rob us of our peace and joy. We may end up worried or lose sleep over it.
- Do you know that peace is not just a feeling you get when everything is going well and there are no problems in the world?
- Do you know that you can still have peace even when everything goes horribly wrong around you?